Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Rate THIS!

Wow, you could sure spend a ton of time on Digg!

I just found a story about a college student the FBI tried to recruit to be a mole to infiltrate vegan potlucks during the RNC and:
"investigate terrorist acts carried out by groups or organizations which fall within the definition of terrorist groups as set forth in the current United States Attorney General Guidelines."

I've been to a far number of vegan potlucks. I hope the FBI gets some good cupcake recipes (and if you happen to need some, check out the post punk kitchen, where can you can rate the recipes). Speaking of The Post Punk Kitchen, I really appreciated the comments on the recipe for Matzoh Ball Soup. When we made this for a sedar last year it went over fantastically. We did warn our friends that there was tofu in it and one who is ultra-orthdox decided to decline, but everyone else, who were raised on the traditional chicken broth / egg version loved it - and couldn't tell the difference. The comments helped us manage the religous side, as a rabbi was even consulted....

Back on the subject of Digg, I looked it up on wikipedia and found an interesting article that I recomend for some history. Somehow I missed Digg's role in the movement for free speech, but I hope they keep it up (it was all around posts of the AACS encyption key which is "one of the cryptographic keys for HD DVDs and Blu-ray Discs").

No comments: